The University of Southern Indiana and CYPRESS will be hosting the Echoes & Reflections professional development program, Teaching the Holocaust, Empowering Students, on Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 8:30 am – 4 pm.
WHY ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
This professional development session will give you the tools to teach and initiate important discussions about the complex lessons of the Holocaust. In exploring classroom-tested strategies that can be implemented in your classroom, you will leave with increased confidence and effective materials to tackle the tough questions your students have about this subject. The why. The how.
Through this program, educators will:
- Explore a sound pedagogy for the planning and implementation of Holocaust education in the classroom;
- Examine instructional enhancements to support student learning and understanding;
- Discover and utilize classroom-ready digital assets including lesson plans, visual history testimonies, and additional primary source materials;
- Enhance personal knowledge about the Holocaust, including the history of antisemitism; and
- Build confidence and capacity to teach this complex subject.
WHAT IS ECHOES & REFLECTIONS?
Echoes & Reflections is the premier source for Holocaust educational materials and dynamic content, empowering teachers and students with the insight needed to question the past and foresight to impact the future. We partner with educators to support them, foster confidence, and amplify their skills and resources to teach about the Holocaust in a comprehensive and meaningful way.
To learn more about the program, visit the Echoes & Reflections website.
This is a no-cost event and participants will earn a 7-hour professional development certificate.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
CYPRESS is committed to making sure that all teachers who want to attend have the opportunity to do so. If substitute reimbursement is an issue, please contact us to learn how we can help.
Please reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or needs. You can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Please use the form below to register for the workshop.