Individual or Collaborative Classroom/Community Grants: Teachers may request up to $500 for projects that increase classroom learning or provide students with an opportunity to make a positive impact on the community. Projects should support the CYPRESS mission of building respect and appreciation for diversity in schools and in the community.
Deadline for Application: Applications will be accepted and reviewed throughout the year on a case-by- case basis. All applications must be submitted electronically to CYPRESSEvansville@gmail.com or via the form below. A confirmation email will be sent out upon receiving applications. The applicant and building principal or supervising administrator must sign the application cover page.
Application Review: CYPRESS board members will review and make decisions about funding applications.
Award Dates: Grants will be awarded on a case-by-case basis throughout the year.
Grant evaluation to be based on the following criteria:
- Compatibility with the CYPRESS mission of building respect and appreciation for diversity in schools and in the community
- Impact on the classroom and/or community
- Measurability of success/evaluation potential and process
- Innovation – uniqueness of project and the effect it will have in the classroom and/or community
Grants may not be used for:
- Materials/equipment not directly related to the project
- Compensation of teachers, staff, or substitute teachers
- Student scholarships
- Materials and supplies normally funded by the school corporation